Spent the evening with my grandkids. What fun they are. Ethan, however has entered in to the whiney phase of development and we are having to teach the appropriate way to communicate. Olivia is such a sweet little girl. She sure loves her grammy; how lucky am I?! :-). Kaleb is a very concerned big brother and as such, he spent most of the evening making sure that I met the appropriate needs of his siblings. It was quite cute!
As I am typing this and advertisement for the show "Horders" came on and I saw a woman, laying on a bed reading a book. Not an unusual scenario until the chaos surrounding her is observed! I do not want to end up like that! As long as i am married to Bernie, I know that will never happen, however,I need to learn to do my part.
It is so easy to sit back and watch him do everything, especially after 13 years of doing it all by myself. The most exhausting years of my life were the years as a single parent, taking care of my little family on my own; to include changing my own oil and hauling my trash to to dump. Not ever having cable television or a computer or reliable transportation (not to mention a very limited budget) I never had anything to distract me from doing what needed to be done and I certainly didn't have anyone to do it for me. There was never a time when there wasn't something that needed to be done!
No comments:
Post a Comment